Might and Magic V
Heroes of Might and Magic V (sometimes referred to as Heroes V or HoMM5) is the fifth installment of the Heroes of Might and Magic computer game series. It was developed by Nival Interactive, under the guidance of franchise-owner Ubisoft. It was released in the United States and Canada on May 24, 2006. The Russian version, distributed by 1C, was released in Russia on May 19. A worldwide release continues.
* The game is rendered fully in 3D, unlike previous installments.
* A new skill/spell/creature system is used.
* There are six town types: Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Academy, Dungeon and Sylvan.
* Players can see their opponents' tracks on the ground. They get deeper and last longer with size of the army. Each faction has its own distinctive 'trail'.
* Multiplayer has a "fast mode" option, where it is possible to set a limit on turns so the pace will be faster.
* There are four skill levels: Easy, Normal, Hard and Heroic.
* The set of resources are the same as previous Heroes games, the fog of war acts like Heroes III, as does the retaliation. However, some creatures have the ability of ranged retaliation.
* There are four magic schools: Light, Dark, Destructive and Summoning Magic. (As well as four 'Adventure Map' spells)
* Creatures are upgradeable.
* Creature generation in town stuctures is on a weekly basis, like in Heroes III.
* The game's music is composed by Rob King and Paul Romero.
* The battlefield is divided into squares instead of hexagons, like in the fourth game and unlike all the previous ones.